Naéco#Responsables: a desire for eco-responsibility
At Naéco Hostels, we do our best to promote sustainable tourism. We also try to implement actions on a daily basis to reduce the impact of your stay on the planet.
We have created a charter for our establishments focused on 4 axes: water, waste, energy and the societal aspect. This allows us to have a guideline to better orient our actions, and achieve the various objectives that we have set for ourselves.
Our eco-responsible approach
The implementation of this charter allows us to lay down more formally our values and commitments and to guide our organization in the development of these solutions.
This eco-responsible approach is based on the reasoned maintenance of our forest in Audierne, actions to save water and energy and waste management in our establishments. But also on a purchasing policy promoting the economic development of our beautiful Brittany region, by relying on local artisans and creators.
Discover here the actions that we try to put in place as much as possible in order to respect the planet.
- A rainwater harvesting system for rational watering
- Installation of water saving devices
- Preference for showers, rather than baths in the hotel
- Monitoring of the volumes of water consumed
- Towels cleanings on demand and not daily
- Setting in place of timed mixing valves
- Selective sorting of waste
- Recovery and recycling of hazardous waste (batteries, cells, light bulbs)
- Elimination of individual prepackaged portions for breakfast
- Composting of organic waste
- Reduction of packaging
- Use of low consumption light bulbs
- Household appliances Class A or B
- “Energy Star” computers
- Installation of motion detectors in common areas
- Regular monitoring of kWh consumed
- Promotion of soft modes of transport
- Creation of offers with carpooling
- Raising awareness among people working with us, as well as you, us seems important in order to try to best meet our charter.
- No use of pesticides in green spaces
- Staff training and customer awareness
- Participation in joint beach cleaning actions cleaning
- Reduction of waste
- Choice of ecological products, purchases favoring short supply chains
- Creation of Green service: ecological seminar, nature animation…
Your actions during your stay, and in your daily life
During your stay at Naéco, you can implement these actions and reuse them at home.
- Remember to turn off the lights when you leave your room.
- For your trips, think about carpooling, hotel shuttles or the bicycle.
- Preserve the surrounding calm by activating the silent mode of your phone in shared spaces.
- Remember to notify us of any anomaly visible on the establishment (water leak, window that no longer closes ...).
- Consider sorting (containers accessible at the entrance to the site).
- If you are staying for several nights, consider reusing your towels by placing them on the towel rack in your bathroom. Otherwise, we thank you for placing them in the shower or in the sink.
- Remember not to let the tap water run unnecessarily.
- Avoid turning on the heating to the maximum and remember not to leave the heating on if you are ventilating your room.
- Avoid leaving electrical devices on standby, especially your computer or television.
To do the best, every gesture counts
We know that no one can be perfect from the start when we change our lifestyle and consumption patterns. But at Naéco, we believed that small individual actions can induce big changes.
Indeed, Pierre Rabhi tells us an Amerindian legend which sums up our words very well:
One day, says the legend, there was a huge forest fire. All terrified animals, aghast, watched helplessly disaster. Only the little hummingbird was bustling about, fetching a few drops with its beak to throw them on the fire. After a while, the armadillo, annoyed by this derisory agitation, said to him "Hummingbird! Aren't you crazy? It is not with these drops of water that you are going to put out the fire"
And the hummingbird replied "I know it, but i'm doing my part"